Wastequip, LLC, on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries and affiliates, ("Company" or "we") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. Due to the sensitive nature of the information we collect from our users, including address and phone numbers, we believe it is important to satisfy strict privacy requirements. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Website.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Wastequip, LLC family of websites (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect and handle:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through any mobile and desktop applications you may download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising, contests, sweepstakes, social media pages/sites (ex. Facebook and Twitter), chatbots and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications, contests, sweepstakes, social media pages/sites, chatbots or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website – which are governed by their own privacy statements or policies.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not designed for or intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may use or provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information in a variety of ways from and about users of our Website, including information that alone or in combination with other information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW/any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you;
- that can be reasonably linked to your identity and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details; IP addresses‘ information collected through cookies, web beacons, chatbots, clicks and keystrokes, and other tracking technologies; information about the browser or type of device you are using; data collected through cookies, pixel tags or other similar technologies; the date and time of your visit; and the web page you visited immediately prior to visiting our Website.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information we ask you for, or that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of purchasing products from any of our websites, completing a “Contact Us” or “Request for Quote” form, making online warranty claims, or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Feedback you give us via this Website.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders, to check for your qualifications and to bill you for our Products and Services. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website, or provide other unique identifiers (such as social security numbers) to verify your identify with credit bureaus.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons and you should consider this when deciding to disclose any personal data or other information.
The disclosures described in this section may result in the transfer of your data to countries or regions with data protection laws that differ from those in your country of residence. By providing us with your data and using this Website, you are acknowledging that your data may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence.
By agreeing to this policy, you consent that we may use such information and data in accordance with applicable law and this policy.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type or type of device you are using; data collected through cookies, pixel tags or other similar technologies; the date and time of your visit; and the web page you visited immediately prior to visiting our Website.
- Videos or other content you view on this Website.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us. We utilize Google Analytics data (you can learn how Google uses data when you use their partners’ site or apps). If you don’t want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information (below) and Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies (above). Also, you may use industry platforms to opt out of interest-based advertising.
This Website contains links to other sites, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Further, we are not responsible for inaccuracies in data provided by third parties, such as credit reporting bureaus (however, inaccuracies in your data provided to us may be corrected by contacting us as described herein). The inclusion of a link on this Website does not imply that we endorse the practices of a linked website.
Why We Collect and How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us or as otherwise obvious from the context of collection, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you, including to tailor your user experience, showing you the content we think you might be interested in, process your information and displaying content according to your preferences.
- To communicate with you, provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, answer questions and provide information as requested.
- To help identify you, to track activity within our Website and to gather broad demographic information.
- To provide our third-party vendors, service providers, and contractors with information in order to service your account or provide repair/warranty services for products you purchase from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or otherwise complete a transaction or service you request or authorize, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To provide you with promotional materials or offers for products or services from Wastequip or send you other communications about Wastequip business and events (including communications based on your interests, personal and business characteristics and location) – we may provide such marketing communications and offers via email, postal mail, online, social media platforms, text messages and other means.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website, including to optimize our Website so that it is more beneficial to users like yourself and to us.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send an email to email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information (below).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Wastequip, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Wastequip, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To share with advertisers on an aggregate basis (meaning that your information will be generalized with the data we collect from all our users); we will not share personally identifiable information, unique identifiers, financial information and demographic information with advertisers about any particular individual that uses our Website.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, including but not limited to those outlined in this policy.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wastequip, LLC, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out of future distributions at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may click on the “Unsubscribe” link and follow the directions to unsubscribe from our promotional offers list for future distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
If we use your information or disclose or distribute your information to third parties for a purpose that is not related to the provisions herein, we will notify you by email (if provided to us) of your right to opt-out of that use, disclosure or distribution beforehand. Your right to opt-out shall be governed by the terms and conditions herein.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to confirm, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Because we want to avoid taking action regarding your personal data at the direction of someone other than you, only you or an “Authorized Agent” permitted to act on your behalf may submit a request. An “Authorized Agent” means a natural person or a business entity you have authorized to act on your behalf by providing your written permission. Please note, we may deny a request from an Authorized Agent if they do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
You may unsubscribe from a Wastequip mailing list at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing communications to you. After you unsubscribe, we will not send you further marketing communications, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any services you have requested.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please see our Wastequip Privacy Notice for California Residents for more details.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Information you provide to us is stored on our systems using, at a minimum, industry standard data security practices. Any payment transactions are processed through third party providers using SSL and other encryption technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. If you feel that the security of any data that we hold about you has been compromised, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us as noted herein.
WQ Rev. 9/8/2022